I’m a qualified World Rugby Level 3 Coach.
For the past eighteen (18) years I’ve been involved with rugby coaching and I did reach some successes during that time. I did work my way through the ranks and as described hereunder I do have the skill and knowledge to coach and educate rugby.
My philosophy is:
To be the best trainer, who will lead by example through good healthy management and make a change in each player’s life. I know that through my dedication, passion and set goals that I can lead the Rugby Academy to great success.
My Career achievements:
My current position: General Manager Sharks Rugby Academy SKZN.
2018 – U/20 Head Coach, Senior Team – Technical Advisor, Analyst & Specialist Coach – Klerksdorp Rugby Club.
2017 – Head Coach of Welkom Rugby Club and we are the Griffons / Leopards league winners with a 10 out of 10 league winning ratio. Welkom Rugby Club are the Griffons representing team in the Gold Cup International Club Championship.
In 2016 I was appointed as Head coach of Welkom Rugby Club and under my guidance we’ve recruited players to help us to play in the league final. We’ve ended runners up of the Premier Cross over Griffons / Leopards League. I was also appointed as the Griffons Provincial Amateur Assistant Coach.
In 2015 I was the Head Coach for Hoopstad Rugby Club and in the first part of the season we’ve competed in the Griffon Challenge Cup Division where we’ve come up against the senior teams of the Griffons Union. We’ve won the Griffons Challenge Plate division.
Under my coaching Hoopstad Rugby Club also won the 2015 Sandveld League.
I was the 2014 Griffons Rural Provincial team Head Coach and we’ve won the Plate division of the Northern Sub Union tournament.
In 2014 I became the Head Coach of Hoopstad Rugby Club. With the dedication and enthusiasm Hoopstad finished the season as runners up of the domestic league.
Ballito Dolphins senior 1st & 2nd teams. During this period the club did grow in such a way that we could enter a u/21 team.
During 2010, I’ve been involved as administrator and coach of Ushaka Warriors u/21 and senior teams.
2010 also gave me the opportunity to be the Durban Rugby Sub Union u/21 Head coach, as well as to be a selector for the DRSU senior team.
• Appointment as General Manager of The Sharks Academy SKZN – 2018;
• Gold Cup International Club Championship participant – 2017;
• Griffon / Leopards League – Winners 2017;
• Griffon / Leopards League – Runner up 2016;
• Griffons Rural League Champions 2015;
• Winning the Northern Sub Unions Plate Division 2015;
• Head Coach of our provincial Griffons Rural Team 2015;
• Reaching the finals of the Sandveld League 2014;
• Taking Ballito Dolphins from stone last in their league to semifinal contenders;
• To be part of the Durban Rugby Sub Union selectors, manager and coaching team for two years;
• To serve on the committee of the Durban Rugby Sub Union
• 1999 to 2006 Player coach
• 2006 Level 1 South African Rugby Football Union coaching qualified at Griffons.
• 2007-2009 – Head coach of Ballito Dolphins Rugby Club.
• Level 2 SARFU coaching qualified at KwaZulu Natal Rugby Union;
• International Rugby Board Level 2 coach;
• Jake White coaching academy – Level 1& 2.
• Head coach Ballito Dolphins Rugby Club;
• Club administrator Ballito Dolphins Rugby Club;
• Member of the KZNRU – Durban Rugby Sub-Union Committee;
• Team Manager DRSU u/21 team; Selector DRSU senior team;
• Dept. of Education – Zululand Rugby official;
• Head coach Ushaka Warriors Rugby Club – U/21 & Seniors;
• Club administrator Ushaka Warriors Rugby Club;
• Member of the KZNRU – DRSU executive committee;
• 2014 Head Coach Hoopstad Rugby Club;
• 2014 Head Coach Griffons Provincial Rural Provincial Team;
• 2014 WORLD RUGBY EDUCATOR for L1 & L2 Coaches;
• 2014 – 2018 Griffons Union – Regional Coaches Training Coordinator;
• 2016 Assistant Coach Griffons Provincial Amateur Team;
• 2017 Head Coach Welkom Rugby Club & Gold Cup Int Club Championship Team;
• 2018 U/20 Head Coach Klerksdorp Rugby Club &
• 2018 Senior Team Klerksdorp Rugby Club – Specialist Coach as well as Technical Advisor.
World Rugby Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Coaching;
World Rugby Educator for Level 1 & Level 2 – 15’s & 7’s Coaches;
World Rugby – Rugby Ready Program;
World Rugby Introduction to Coaching;
World Rugby Strength and Conditioning;
World Rugby – Concussion Management;
World Rugby Key Factors Analysis;
World Rugby Functional Role Analysis;
World Rugby Keep Rugby Clean Program;
World Rugby Anti-Corruption Regulations;
World Rugby Laws of the Game.
Investec International Rugby Academy – Advanced Coaches Course;
Jake White Rugby Academy;
TriFocus Fitness Academy – Strength & Conditioning Coach